According to Public Private Partnership in Horizon 2020, the service conditions of 2020 and the communication network will be extremely abundant and with further level complexity than what we have today. They believe that in 2020 the network infrastructure will be able to connect all devices allowing a variety of application precise needs:
- computing centers
in a effective, adaptable, and bendable way.
It is also state that, linked sensors will be the surrounding the future, linked vehicles, futuristic meters and futuristic home gadgets light years ahead our present knowledge of tablet and smartphone integration. Additionally, a need to correctly name this innovative infrastructure that will urge to provide for these extraordinary progress and performance features.
The following high level Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are proposed by them to frame the research activities:
- Providing 1000 times higher wireless area capacity and more varied service capabilities compared to 2010.
- Saving up to 90% of energy per service provided. The main focus will be in mobile communication networks where the dominating energy consumption comes from the radio access network.
- Reducing the average service creation time cycle from 90 hours to 90 minutes.
- Creating a secure, reliable and dependable Internet with a “zero perceived” downtime for services provision.
- Facilitating very dense deployments of wireless communication links to connect over 7 trillion wireless devices serving over 7 billion people.
- Enabling advanced User controlled privacy.
By: Wanler Gaspar
How will be the internet infrastructure 5 years from now? comment below